Mama Mia! It’s pasta! 🍝 😍 A classic and versatile dish enjoyed all over the world for decades.
However, things can get a little bit tricky when you try to put your pasta fork into the gluten-free food realm.
Not all gluten-free pastas are created equal. Many gluten-free pastas turn to mush or fall apart after boiling — so knowing which brands to use is key to ending with a pasta dish your family and friends will enjoy and rave about.
Here’s a scrumptious gluten-free (and vegan) pasta salad I came up with recently.
Let’s get into the recipe, shall we?
– 1 bag gluten-free brown rice pasta
– 2 to 3 tbsp vegan soy-free mayo
– 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
– 1/4 cup of fresh parsley and cilantro mixed (finely chopped)
– 3/4 cup chopped bell pepper
– 1 tbsp green onions (finely chopped)
– 1 cup chickpeas (cooked)
– 1 tbsp coconut palm sugar
– 1/2 tsp Pimentón (smoked paprika)
– Aromatic sea salt to taste (Herbamare sea salt)
**Follow the cooking instructions on the back of the pasta package.**
I cooked my pasta for approximately 13 minutes and it came out the ideal texture.
Once the pasta is cooked, strain and set aside in a medium to large mixing bowl to give you enough room for mixing all the ingredients together later.
Ensure all your herbs are washed. Finely chop your cilantro, green onion and parsley, then set it aside.
Wash your bell peppers & chop them up finely.
In a small bowl, combine the mayo, lemon juice, coconut palm sugar and pimentón (smoked paprika). Mix well until all ingredients are combined.
Put It All Together:
Get the bowl with the cooled pasta. Add all of your additional ingredients in with the pasta and give it a gentle mix. Add in the dressing at the end and mix until everything is combined.
Now, enjoy this beautiful pasta salad with family and friends — or on your lunch break!
– To add more fiber & protein, add more chickpeas or add beans
– To increased your veggie intake, add additional veggies such as steamed or fresh chopped broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, or thinly sliced purple cabbage
– Pay attention to the amount of vegan mayo you need. You may need a bit more than 2 tablespoons. Add a bit more if needed.
Thank you for checking out this post! Let me know how this recipe turns out for you!
Leave a comment below! I enjoy responding to your comments.
Listen to the Simply Chrissy Podcast HERE.
Love & Light ❤️🌿,