Summertime is here and frozen treats are a welcome delight during the hot days. Everybody usually screams for ice cream — but this recipe will get you screaming for nicecream!
The simple and delicious combo of ingredients in this vegan homemade ice cream will leave you wanting more! All you need here are 3 ingredients, 10 minutes to put it together and a few moments to enjoy it!
Let’s get into the recipe!
- 3 cups frozen ripe bananas (chopped)
- 1 cup frozen strawberries (chopped)
- 1 heaping Tbsp whipped coconut cream
– Coconut Cream: If you have store-bought coconut cream from the health food store, go ahead and use that.
If you have to DIY your coconut cream using coconut milk (in a can), here’s what to do:
1) Open 1 can of coconut milk (must be full fat)
2) Remove the hardened coconut milk solids from the rest of the milk in the can & put it in a mixing bowl. Store the remaining coconut milk in a bottle in the fridge.
3) Get an electric hand mixer (or if you have a mixing machine like a Cuisinart mixer, you can use that).
4) With the whipping attachment ready to go, whip the coconut cream for 10mins until smooth with peaks.
**Please note**: As you are whipping the hardened coconut solids and it starts getting soft, you may notice that liquid is being released from the coconut milk solids. No problem! Simply drain off any excess coconut milk that collects at the bottom of the bowl while you’re whipping it.
5) You can put it to keep cool in the fridge for 15 minutes as you assemble the other ingredients.
In a food processor or Vitamix blender, put in the frozen banana and blend on high-speed to until the frozen bananas have turned into a ‘soft serve’ consistency.
Add in your frozen strawberries and allow it to combine with the bananas until smooth.
Lastly, it’s time for the coconut cream! 🥥
Add in your 1 heaping Tbsp of coconut cream and allow to combine with the other 2 ingredients. Blend until all ingredients are combined.
Serve right away and enjoy! 🍧
Put any extra nice-cream in the freezer for the next few days.
– Bananas: Cholesterol and fat-free! It makes a great fat/oil substitute in baking; High in potassium (important for proper nerve & muscle function); Gut healthy (easy to digest and contains fiber)
– Strawberries: High in vitamin C, anti-aging properties, boosts immune system and helps to maintain good eye health
– Coconut Milk: Lowers cholesterol, provides your body with electrolytes, helps your body lose fat (due to medium-chain triglycerides), and is helpful in building muscle
Thank you for visiting Simply Chrissy Blog and for reading this blog post!
I hope you enjoyed it and gained a healthy, easy treat to make for your family and friends!
Leave a comment below letting me know how this recipe turned out for you!
Cheers to the summer! 🌴 🍨 🌞